The cause of a Sunday morning fire at the Cumberland Arms apartments in downtown Cumberland has been pinpointed to combustible material too close to a heat source. One person was treated and released from the hospital, while another person was hospitalized for treatment of smoke inhalation; additionally, several other third-floor residents were treated at the scene for possible smoke inhalation. The fire was confined to the kitchen of a third-floor apartment. It was partially extinguished by a range hood device, while a resident of another apartment used a fire extinguisher to help put out the fire. Damages were set at $70,000 to the apartment and $30,000 to its contents.